Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pantry Challenge Week #1

Today I did the weekly grocery shopping and what I'm figuring to be the 1st of the bi-monthly "household" shopping. I'm trying to get away from Walmart and shop at our local Kinney's and supermarket for our household products. We'll see how I fare with that. I may have to bite the bullet and return to Walmart if the pricing is too high at the local stores. Here's how I did:

Household items: $59.72 ( usually spend about $80 per month @ Walmart) I'm figuring I'll have to make another trip later in the month for paper products when we run low.

Groceries: $62.34!! Under budget by $0.16!!

Superbowl Party: $6.77(plus 5 lbs of pork roast I bought last week that was marked down really cheap) Not counting this in the regular food budget. Going to count it separate as "Entertainment" What's a good "Entertainment" budget?? $50/month for in home extra's?? BF and I usually go out Friday nights but haven't in the past 3wks due to other commitments. We swap paying and it usually runs $50-$60 each time. Definitely an area where we could cut back.

Total Spent: $128.83

Thanks for stopping by.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment