Saturday, February 1, 2014

My February Grocery Challenge (not a crafty post)

Hi, this isn't a crafty post but it's something I've challenged myself to do for the month of February.
I'm an avid follower of Jessica Fisher's Good Cheap Eats blog. She did a pantry challenge for the month of January. To use up what she had and save a little $$. She has a great freezer cookbook out "Not Your Mother's Freezer Cookbook". It's a great book on how to stretch your budget and have home cooked meals any night of the week. (with a little planning) So........ My challenge is a grocery budget of $250 for the month of February. Yeah I know sounds low, but Jessica did it on $600 for a family of 8. Our family of 2.5 should be able to do $250. BF doesn't know about this "plan" yet LOL 2.5 = BF, myself and Bailey the kitten. He's little so that's where the .5 comes from :0)

What’s a Pantry Challenge?

A Pantry Challenge is simply a devoted time to eat down your food storage so that you can
  1. save money
  2. avoid waste
  3. shop better in the future
  4. spend less time in the store.
Check out Jessica's blog @ www.goodcheapeats.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment